Dosha benefits: Pitta, Vata to some extent
- Medium sized beetroot, finely chopped or grated 3-4
- Green chili, chopped 1
- Black mustard seeds ¾ tsp
- Black gram, husked ¾ tsp
- Asafetida a pinch
- Curry leaves 10-12
- Oil 1-1.5 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Fresh grated coconut 3-4 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal and fry on a low flame till the mustard seeds make a popping sound and the urad dal gets golden in color.
- Add the green chilies, curry leaves and asafetida. Fry for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Now add the chopped beetroot.
- Sprinkle salt and stir.
- Cover and let the beetroot cook.
- If the veggie becomes too dry while cooking, sprinkle some water.
- Lastly, add grated coconut and stir.
- Switch off the flame and cover the pan.
- Serve the beetroot palya hot or warm as a side dish with sambar-rice or rasam-rice or even dal-rice.
- Beetroot is a root vegetable packed with a lot of essential nutrients and minerals.
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.