Dosha benefits: Kapha & Vata
- Bottle gourd 1 medium sized
- Soaked moong dal 1 handful
- Coconut 30 gms
- Raw rice 1½ cups
- Cumin seeds 1½ tsp
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Cut the bottle gourd and cook with 1 cup water. Leave it to cool.
- Wash and drain the rice and let it dry in the shade.
- Fry the dried rice, cool it and then powder it coarsely.
- Mix the powdered rice with the cooked bottle gourd, cumin seeds, asafetida, coconut, soaked moong dal and salt.
- Keep it aside to soak for about 1 hour.
- The mixture should be of dropping consistency. If the mixture is thick, add a little water.
- Grease the idly plates, pour the idly mix into it and steam cook for about 10 minutes.
- Bottle Gourd or Lauki increases ojas (immunity) and nourishes the body
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.