Dosha benefits: Kapha & Vata
- Broken wheat 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions 1/2 cup
- Green peas 1/4 cup
- Chopped carrots 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped green chillies 2 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Grated ginger 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly.
- Partially boil the broken wheat in 2 cups of water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the green chilies and sauté on medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add onions and ginger, mix well and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and carrots, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the broken wheat, salt and 1¼ cups of water. Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
- Broken Wheat or cracked wheat is better digested than whole wheat
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.