You could have called me the official Fat Free Queen. At that time, it sure was quite easy to control my weight. I exercised constantly–I ran everyday, taught aerobics classes almost everyday, lifted weights 6 days a week, and so on. I mostly ate just really lean protein and hardly any carbohydrates. This is the popular diet that fitness competitors use, as well as those people who want to look really lean.
- Before College, taking courses such as Acupressure, Applied Kinesiology and Nutrition fueled my interest.
- Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Health/Physical Education from Appalachian State University.
Angie Has Certifications in:
- Applied Clinical Nutrition
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Reflexology
- Reiki Master
- Traditional Chinese Nutrition-Yo San University
- Certified Nutritionist-AHSUAngie continues her studies in Clinical nutrition and Alternative medicine from the University of Bridgeport and Texas Chiropractic College continuing education department and American Health Science University. Courses have included (but are not limited to): Functional Endocrinology, Neurotransmitters and the Brain, Clinical applications, Nutritional Biochemistry, Blood Chemistry Analysis, Female and Male Hormones and how to balance them.
- I have a Nutritional Balancing business where we individualize programs for our clients based upon many assessment forms, dietary analysis/consultation as well as utilize objective testing methods to aid us in finding root causes of issues and develop protocols to aid the body in healing itself.
From the fitness perspective:
- Started weight training at age 11;
- Played many sports competitively including volleyball, basketball, softball, track and ran cross-country;
- Competed in Track and Field and softball in college;
- Began teaching aerobics in college. I taught to the faculty and became certified. I have taught a variety of classes for over 20 years from high impact, step, body sculpting and booty classes;
- Have had a Personal Training Business for over 24 years;
- I have always done many types of training from Power Lifting, Bodybuilding, Miss Fitness, Marathons (until a torn calf ended my career), Yoga and Pilates;
- As an Athlete I believe in covering the map when one trains. This includes Running, Drills and other Cardiovascular exercise, Weight Training (many modalities), and Stretching, Pilates or Yoga to keep a healthy balance;
- Weight training is a must for life! One should lift heavy enough to challenge themself;
- I believe we should have proper balance in our lives;
- In December 2008 I filmed 5 dvds: 3 fitness routines, 1 on technique, and 1 on nutritional tips. These Dvds are called Strong, Fit and Flexible; Building your Strength Training Foundation!
- I offer online personal training, Nutritional Balancing programs online/phone consultations and am still presently training clients.
Angie and her twin sister Diana own a Natural Body Products company, DaGrosa Natural Products.
All of the products are free of preservatives, hormones and chemicals. We sell products such as deodorants, creams, facial serums,inhalers a natural toe nail fungus remedy, body butters, soaps, acne kits, insect repellants and other products.
I am continuously adding to my knowledge base so I can better serve my clients and family. I want to make a difference by helping you make a difference!