Dosha benefits: Vata, Pitta
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Moong dal ½ cup
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder A pinch
- Coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Green chillies (finely chopped) 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Add little oil and salt to the wheat flour and make a soft dough with water.
- Soak the moong dal in water for some time and then cook it.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafetida. When the seeds splutter, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the entire mixture well and let it cool.
- Take a little portion of dough, knead it to a ball and then roll it in the shape of a small poori.
- Close the sides of this poori after filling it with the dry dal filling.
- Now roll it into a thick round paratha.
- Cook this paratha with oil on a tawa till both the sides become golden brown.
- Green Gram is one of the best pulses recommended for daily consumption in Ayurveda. It is both a nutritional food and a herbal medicine.
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.