Dosha benefits: Vata or Kapha
- Green gram dal, husked 1 cup
- Amaranthus 1 bunch
- Tomatoes 2
- Garlic 2 pods
- Small onion 1
- Chili powder ¾ tsp
- Fenugreek powder
- Asafetida 1-2 pinch
- Coriander powder ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin seeds ½ tsp
- Chop the Amaranthus coarsely and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the green gram along with cut and lightly fried tomatoes, garlic and onion after adding ½ tsp of turmeric.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil and add chili powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, fenugreek powder and asafetida and roast it on a slow fire.
- Add the Amaranthus and the contents to the pressure cooker, add water and cook this till the greens are soft.
- Add salt as required.
- Season it with mustard seeds, red chili and curry leaves.
- The extract of Amaranthus has been used to treat different conditions like respiratory disorders, gynecological problems, diabetes, urinary tract infections, diarrhea, inflammation and pain.
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.