Dosha benefits: Vata and Pitta
- Horse gram 2 cups
- Tomatoes, chopped 2
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Ginger, chopped 2 tsp
- Garlic, chopped 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Peppercorns 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves, few
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the horse gram.
- Combine the horse gram, tomatoes, ginger and salt in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- On a tava (pot or pan), dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and garlic.
- Blend in a mixer along with 2 tbsp cooked gram to a coarse powder.
- Transfer to a deep pan, add the cooked gram along with the water and bring to boil.
- Pass through a sieve and garnish with coriander. Serve hot.
- Horse gram is high in protein and calories with almost no fat. It has numerous health benefits.
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.