Dosha benefits: Kapha and Pitta
- 4 – 5 small cucumbers
- ½ cup cashew nuts, roasted
- 1 head of lettuce
- ½ cup tomatoes
- ½ cup bell peppers (red, yellow, green, orange)
- ½ cup coconut grated
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbs coriander leaves, chopped
- Sweet dressing of your choice
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Rinse and peel the cucumbers. Cut into cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add chopped lettuce to the cucumbers. Keep aside
- In a mortar and pestle, coarsely crush the roasted cashew nuts.
- Mix the cashews, coconut, lemon juice, coriander leaves with the cucumber.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the mustard seeds till they pop.
- Add the bay leaf and fry for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering mixture into the bowl with cucumbers. Toss well.
- Just before serving add some sweet dressing of your choice and some salt.
- Mix and serve.
For raw salads, people with Vata and Kapha dosha will need a salad dressing with some digestive spices like black pepper or mustard. For Pitta, a cooling lime or mint will be perfect.
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.