Dosha benefits: Pitta, Vata
- Pumpkin, 2 cups
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Split green gram (husked) 2 tsp
- Onion 1 small, chopped fine
- Pepper powder – a generous pinch
- Powdered rock salt to taste
- Coconut Oil 1 tsp
- Pressure cook the pumpkin along with green gram and 1 cup water for 1 whistle.
- Churn using a blender, strain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Sauté onions and garlic over low flame for 2-3 minutes until onions turn brown.
- Pour the soup mixture into the onions along with 1 cup warm water and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and start dinner with this soup.
- Pumpkin is loaded with an important antioxidant, beta-carotene. Research indicates that a diet rich in foods containing beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer and offers protection against heart disease.
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.