Dosha benefits: Pitta, Kapha & Vata
- Red pumpkin, unpeeled, small cubes 200 gms
- Spinach 15-20 leaves, shredded
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves 10-12
- Ginger 1-inch piece
- Onions, diced 2 medium size
- Green chilies 3
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Lemon rind 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Soy milk 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin seeds, roasted 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add onions, pumpkin and mix well.
- Sauté for two minutes.
- Add the ginger, green chilies and salt and mix.
- Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Add the lemon rind, turmeric powder, cumin powder and mix.
- Add the soy milk, cover and cook till the pumpkin is cooked and soft.
- Add the spinach, roasted pumpkin seeds and mix.
- Cook for four to five minutes more. Serve hot.
- Spinach and Pumpkin curry is good for winter times when the body needs warm, cooked, slightly oily & well spiced foods.
Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.